Terms and conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions.
So we can accept your purchase order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with.
- These are the terms on which we provide all Services to you. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked ‘I Accept’. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Order. You can only purchase the Services and Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- By ”User”, we refer to all individuals or entities that access the site, whether the user is a member or not.
- By ”Member”, we refer to all individuals or entities that are registered on the site. By ”Member Account”, we refer to the private area reserved for each member. It is accessible via a password and contains personal information regarding the member.
- By “Personal Information”, We refer to any personally identifiable information collected through the Site about the individual, including but not limited to the individual’s name, address, and telephone number.
- By “Service”, We refer to the services that are offered through the Site, including but not limited to providing an online presence to view, rent, or post Item Listings and other Content.
- By “Content”, We refer to Item Listings, comments, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials posted on, transmitted through, or linked to the Site.
- By “St Luke’s Radiology”, “we”,”us”, “our”, We refer to St Luke’s Radiology, its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures or employees, or anyone acting on its behalf.
- By “Price” We refer to the financial payment given to the St Luke’s Radiology by the purchaser in order to download the publication.
- The site is an online marketplace only, designed for the unique purpose of providing people with radiology lecture information, a place to purchase our book, register referrals or book your place on one of St Luke’s Radiology Radiology courses.
- The Site contains an area open to the public to refer themselves and a protected area accessible only by medical Professionals to refer patients.
- The private area is the part of the site that is accessible only after Users registration. Members must enter his/her password to enter the private area. The private areas allows Users to:
b: Create and manage personal information;
c: Book a place on future St Luke’s Radiology Courses;
d: View St Luke’s Radiology Lecture archive; and
e: Purchase the St Luke’s Radiology Book.
Conditions of Registration and Membership Status
To become a User of St Luke’s Radiology,:
- you must be at least 18 years of age to use our online ordering Radiology book service. Our chosen payment partner, PayPal, does not permit transactions by anyone under the age of 18 years of age;
- St Luke’s Radiology is open to everyone.
- You must agree to provide us with personal details (including your name and email address), that are true and current, and you must agree to update us (through the “My Account” section of this Site) if at any time your personal details change by updating the relevant sections of the St Luke’s Radiology Site.
- As St Luke’s Radiology has no fees and all matters regarding money are the responsibility of the users. Any reference to payment is the responsibility of the users and not St Luke’s Radiology.com.
- You are responsible for your own use of the website, you must not use the website for any illegal purpose. In addition, you shall not use the Site for any of the purposes below and St Luke’s Radiology reserve the right to suspend or close Member Accounts without notice for any reason, including, but not limited to:
- Violation of these Terms, or other St Luke’s Radiology Policies;
- Making false statements;
- Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws (For example, pornography, trade secrets, discriminatory content, incitement of violence and racial, religious or ethnic hatred);
- Transmitting any third party material without proper authority, license, consent or permission;
- Transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice;
- Interfering with any other person’s use of the Site including abusive or fraudulent use of collaboration tools (spam of comments, spam of clicks etc);
- Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the protection of the owner;
- Diffusion of unsolicited commercial messages (“Spam”).
If you breach these terms, you will be responsible for any losses and costs resulting from your breach. You are responsible for ensuring that, where applicable, you have an up to date and complete user profile.
You may not alter, adapt or remove any data or metadata, convert or otherwise authorize others to adapt or convert the Site.
The Member Account is personal and cannot be transferred or assigned to a third party.
- Commits to keep confidential the password they choose for accessing their Member Account. The Member Account and the password are personal and cannot be shared, communicated or transferred to any other individual or entity, except as required by law.
- Recognizes and accepts being solely responsible for use of their password and Member Account. The Member accepts being held solely responsible for all consequences and obligations generated by use of his/her password and Member Account by a third party.
- Recognizes and accepts that St Luke’s Radiology can consider usage of their Member Account, username or password as proof of the usage of the Site by this Member. All usage of the Site by way of these elements attributable to the Member are considered as being made by the Member. All evaluations, ratings, information and comments are also specific to the Member.
- You must have a valid email address to become a Member of the Site and we accept no liability if you do not provide this.
Access, registration and usage of the Site are free unless specified.
Liability of St Luke’s Radiology
– Service Access
- While we try to ensure that the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we cannot be held responsible if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period for reasons beyond our control.
- We reserve the right to suspend access to the Site at any time for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons.
- Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or other reasons.
- Although we make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the server that makes the Site available is bug and virus free, we cannot provide any guarantee in this respect.
- You are responsible for obtaining Internet access to the Site from where you are in order to use the Site. We cannot be held responsible for your failure to access the Site from any location or browser. Any access fees incurred in reaching the Site (e.g. dial up charges) are your responsibility.
- Owing to the nature of the Internet and the fact that your access to the Site involves functionality outside our control, we cannot be held responsible for technical problems that you may experience with the Site.
- While we try to use all reasonable care in providing access to the Site, we cannot be held responsible for any corruption or loss of data held on your computer, or any damage caused to your computer resulting from your use of the Site.
– Disclaimer of liability
- We do not seek to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not be excluded by law.
- We will not have any liability arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or its non-availability for:
- any business losses (such as loss of profits, business, contracts or goodwill); or
- any loss or damage due to any events outside our reasonable control; or
- any unforeseeable losses or damages.
We will have no liability arising from any link being placed on the Site to another website which we are not responsible for.
Member safety and feedback
- St Luke’s Radiology cannot confirm the identity of each member. The overwhelming majority of St Luke’s Radiology Users are trustworthy and well-intentioned. Nevertheless, it’s very important to take the same precautions online as you would offline.
Content published on or through the Site
- You understand that St Luke’s Radiology does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Site, and that, despite our best efforts, by using the Site, you may be exposed to imagery that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable to some users.
- Furthermore, the Content available on or through the Site may contain links to other Sites that are completely independent of St Luke’s Radiology. St Luke’s Radiology makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any third party website. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk.
- You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on the Content, and that under no circumstances will St Luke’s Radiology be liable for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available on or through the Site.
- St Luke’s Radiology reserves the right, without any limits or restrictions and at its sole discretion, to modify in whole or in part and at any time, its Policies. All changes will be effective once published on the Site.
- Use of the Site after these changes have been published constitutes your acceptance of the modified Policies. St Luke’s Radiology reserves the right to modify, interrupt, or end at any time any service, without taking responsibility for the consequences resulting from these modifications, interruptions or ending of these services.
- All intellectual property rights in any part of the Site are owned by or licensed to St Luke’s Radiology.
- No intellectual property right in any part of the Site is intended to, and it shall not be deemed to, transfer to any person who accesses the Site.
- You grant to us a non-exclusive license to use, copy, adapt and make available any content posted on the Site for our own internal or external purposes.
- St Luke’s Radiology may at its own discretion and without giving notice alter or remove any part of the Site. In no event will St Luke’s Radiology be liable for any loss or damage arising as a result of modifications made to the Site.
Information Sharing & Disclosure
- St Luke’s Radiology has implemented technology and security features, as well as strict internal guidelines, to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use. We will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available.
- While we make every effort to ensure that your information is secure on our system, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Your St Luke’s Radiology account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of your password used on the St Luke’s Radiology Site.
- We recommend that you change your password from time to time for additional security. Please advise us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
St Luke’s Radiology’ use of User’s materials
- When using St Luke’s Radiology services, you are requested to provide to us or to other Users information concerning St Luke’s Radiology services, including your registration, your Item Listings and Item transactions, evaluations and comments, your messages, or any other information you may publish on the Site.
- You are solely responsible for this information. St Luke’s Radiology only acts as a passive intermediary in publishing them online.
- By accepting the present Terms and other St Luke’s Radiology Policies, you accept to only use the personal information of other Members that is provided to you through the Site, to (a) close a transaction that does not involve unsolicited commercial messages, or (b) use third party services provided via St Luke’s Radiology (sequestration, insurance, claims and communications in case of fraud), or (c) for any other use authorized by the User. You agree to use this information in accordance with applicable laws and under these Terms. Subject to the foregoing, you cannot provide personal information of other Users to third parties without prior written permission by St Luke’s Radiology and the corresponding User.
- Please do not submit confidential or proprietary information to us unless we have mutually agreed in writing otherwise. We are also unable to accept your unsolicited ideas or proposals, so please do not submit them to us in any circumstance.
- We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you or any User of the Site believe its copyright, trademark or other property rights have been infringed by a posting on the Site, you or the User should send notification to our Designated Agent (as identified below) immediately. To be effective, the notification must include:
– Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
– Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
– Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject to infringing activity and that is to be removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the materials;
– A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright Rentor, agent, or the law; and
– A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the Rentor of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringing.
- You acknowledge and agree that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of copyright infringement, we may immediately remove the identified materials from our Site without liability to you or any other party.
General Terms and Conditions
- Any promotion code or offer provided on the Site or via any Device cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offer, past or present.
- The Site is controlled by St Luke’s Radiology. Use of the Site is governed by these Terms are governed by the relevant country laws and you and we agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts.
- You agree that we may assign any or all of our rights and/or novate, transfer, sub-contract or delegate any or all of our obligations under these Terms to any third party. These Terms are personal to you and are agreed to by you for your own benefit and not for the benefit of any other third party, you may not assign, novate, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of any or all of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- If we delay exercising or fail to exercise or enforce any right available to us under these Terms, such delay or failure does not constitute a waiver of that right or any other rights under these Terms.
- We will not be liable to you for any lack of performance, or the unavailability or failure, of the Site, or for any failure or delay by us to comply with these Terms, where such lack, unavailability or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control.
- Nothing in these Terms confers on any third party any benefits under the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. In accordance with clause 1.2, we may rescind, waive, assign, release or vary any or all of the provisions in this Agreement in any way without your consent or the consent of any third party.
- In these Terms unless the context requires otherwise: i. any phrase introduced by the words “including”, “include”, “in particular”, “for example” or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative only and shall not be construed as limiting the generality of any preceding words; and ii. references to the singular include the plural and to the masculine include the feminine, and in each case vice versa.
- Our Site uses settings led cookies, feature led cookies, analytic cookies and third party cookies to assess, operate and improve the Site and to operate the Service effectively. You can find out more information about cookies here: allaboutcookies.org.