We have 2 vacancies to fill. The closing date for applications is Friday 29th January 2021. If you would like to apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which post you are applying for. For more information please contact Marion Watson Superintendent Radiographer 01865 742949 email@example.com
Hours: 1-2 days/week
Salary: Equivalent to NHS Band 6
Accountable to: Dr David Wilson Consultant Radiologist/Care Quality Commission (CQC) Registered Manager
Line Manager: Dr Georgina Allen Consultant Radiologist
The post holder will be a qualified radiographer, able to provide the highest standard of patient care and be able to work autonomously and be accountable for their own professional actions, acting in accordance with the Society of Radiographers Code of Conduct and Ethics.
They will be responsible for maintaining continuing professional development as required by the Health and Care Professions Council.
Main duties and responsibilities
• To act as an Operator under the IR(ME)R regulations.
• To act as Radiation Protection Supervisor ensuring that records are up to date and accurate and the Quality Assurance programme is completed as required by the Radiation Protection Advisor.
• To participate in clinical research.
• To contribute to practice development in reaction to the findings of audit and recent evidence.
• To ensure locum clinical staff are appropriately qualified and trained.
• To act as assistant to the Radiologist in the Ultrasound room in the absence of the Radiology Assistant.
• To assist the CQC registered manager in maintaining the essential standards required by the CQC.
• To assist with writing clinical Policies and Procedures.
• To arrange the maintenance agreements for the clinical equipment and arrange service dates.
• To assist the Radiology Clinical manager to undertake audits.
• To provide a Radiation protection report at the Improvement and Quality meeting.
• To comply with all St Luke’s Radiology policies and procedures.
• To maintain strict confidentiality of personal information relating to patients and staff.